A past coffee chat guest, Stella Collins, provided us with the memorable anchor of LEARNS. Get more detail on what this stands for – click here.
Keeping this reference in mind, let’s gather to discuss other techniques that you are using to help sustain learning while on the job and make training stick.
John Medina wrote the popular book, Brain Rules and in it, he reminds us of some common things to keep in mind.
1. People don’t pay attention to boring things. Encourage Active Engagement
2. We are powerful and natural explorers – encourage curiosity
3. Stressed brains do not learn – how are preventing overload?
5. Repeat to remember, remember to repeat. Implement spaced learning techniques
6. Sleep well, think well. Are we allowing for reflection time?
7. Every brain is wired differently. Use different techniques to encourage learning retrieval.
When applying spaced learning techniques there are many different approaches, both high-tech and low-tech and on September 30, bring your favorite use case to the table!
Simply by registering to attend the coffee chat you will receive:
A follow-up email with resources and extra goodies
Copy of the video recording
Copy of the chatbox transcription